Clinical Research Nurse Dublin – Full time Contract
|Reporting to:||Executive Team and Director of Clinical Trials
|Location:||St. Michael’s Hospital Dun Laoghaire, and on occasion (project determined) St. Vincent’s Hospital and University College Dublin.
|Purpose:||The Research Nurse will support innovative research work based in St. Michael’s Hospital, and on occasion in St. Vincent’s University Hospital and, or, UCD.
· To actively participate in the implementation of clinical investigations and trials.
· To arrange study specific research meetings if necessary, including staff notification, completion and writing of minutes where applicable.
· To ensure patient confidentiality and dignity is assured and maintained at all times during a clinical trial/research project in line with GDPR guidelines.
· To take responsibility for maintenance and upkeep of all HBT clinical research documentation, including: site files, case record forms, monitoring arrangements, data correction and data collection.
· To ensure that patients are fully informed of all details pertaining to the clinical trial/research project prior to their recruitment.
· To screen, recruit and consent suitable study candidates.
· To ensure that all studies undertaken by the HBT or heart failure unit from the time of appointment are completed to the highest standards in accordance with ICH-GCP, HPRA/EU Directive requirements and STOP HF Screening SOP’s.
· Ensure patients have an understanding of their disease and the proposed research and standard treatment options.
· Work with a Multidisciplinary Team in evaluating and treating clinical problems, as they arise in the research settings.
· Co-ordinate patient investigations, therapy and follow up, as appropriate to specific clinical research programmes.
· To be competent and actively participate in phlebotomy / laboratory procedures for clinical investigations and the STOP HF Programme.
· Adhere to nursing policies and procedures within the HBT and St Vincent’s University Hospital Group.
· Ensure continuity of patient care by liaising with outside health care professionals, and those who are involved in clinical work.
· Use agreed protocols to deal with referrals and enquiries from other hospitals and within St Vincent’s University Hospital and St Michael’s Hospital.
· Promote a safe clinical environment for patients, visitors and staff to the HBT / SMH with due regard to Health and Safety and Risk Management issues.
– In service and staff education
– Staff Conferences
– Appropriate outside conferences
· Help maintain the system for recording clinical activity.
· Demonstrate commitment to evidence based practice.
· Maintain clinical and administrative records and reporting arrangements.
|Qualifications / Experience:||Essential:
*Please note that Garda vetting and international police clearance check will form part of the selection process.
|Personal Requirements:||Ø Excellent communication skills
Ø Proven administrative skills
Ø Detail oriented
Ø Ability to multi-task
Ø Self-motivated and driven
Ø Interested in learning
Ø Team player
|Training:||Ø Business overview as part of induction
Ø GCP Training
Ø Database Training.
Ø High level of technical training related to clinical trials.
Ø Other training where relevant
|Why come work with The Heartbeat Trust?||
Download PDF of Clinical Research Nurse Aug 2019 job description.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org