- Join us on Facebook and Twitter and encourage all your friends and followers to do the same.
- Take a photo of yourself or a friend holding a piece of paper with #TheHeartbeatTrust written on it and your location. Be as creative as you want!
In the Community
- Download and distribute our Heartbeat Trust Posters which can be displayed in pharmacies, health centres, workplaces, schools, community centres etc (coming soon!)
- Tell your local TDs about The Heartbeat Trust and encourage them to be Heart Failure aware and to spread the word. You can email your TDs directly. Find out More here. (Link to Td/Advocacy here -coming soon)
- Attend one of our events
- Why not organise your own awareness of fundraising event? Get in touch with us and let us know your plans. Find out more here (link to Events/event Guide)
- Become a member of The Heartbeat Trust volunteer team.
- Support our Heart Failure Awareness Appeal by texting HEARTBEAT to 50300. Texts cost €4 and we will receive 100% of your donation.
- Become a Volunteer. Find out more here.
- Take part in one of the many marathons, bicycle races or triathlons in Ireland over the year to raise awareness and funds
In the Media
- Become a Heartbeat Trust Media Volunteer and raise awareness by telling your story in national or local media, or in our Newsletter. (Link to story Telling here – coming soon)
The easiest way you can get involved in helping raise awareness of Heart Failure is to simply TALK ABOUT IT. Being open about Heart Failure helps to debunk the myths and misunderstandings and increase the awareness about the seriousness of the increasing heart failure problem in Ireland. So if you have Heart Failure, talk about it. If you know someone with Heart Failure, ask them about it. Most importantly know your risk.