Thank you for your interest in working with The Heartbeat Trust.
We are currently recruiting for a Clinical & Research Cardiac Physiologist and a Clinical Research Nurse to join our team. See below for details.
Clinical & Research Cardiac Physiologist from 01.09.17 With The Heartbeat Trust based in St. Michael’s Hospital
Position Summary: 1YR FIXED TERM CONTRACT / Part-time/sessional working hrs will be considered
Clinical & Research Cardiac Physiologist with The Heartbeat Trust, as part of our Clinical Research Unit, in St. Michael’s Hospital. This position will involve performing high level Echocardiography, ECG & ABPM for ongoing and new research projects. The candidate should be able to work as part of a team, demonstrate good organisation/planning skills and excellent written, verbal communication skills.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Performing independently high quality echocardiography study
- Perform ECG and ABPM
- Perform portable Echocardiography studies as part of ongoing research.
- Perform echocardiographic studies in in-patient and outpatient setting.
- Data Collection/Handling and Management
- Minimum 3-5 years of independently perform Echocardiogram and reporting.
- Holds a degree in Clinical Measurement or a Certificate in Medical Physics and Physiological Measurement (diploma/degree etc.)
Desired but not essential:
- British Society of Echocardiography or European Society Echocardiography (ESE)(equivalent accreditation) or sufficient experience in Echocardiography
Standard conditions of employment:
- 39 hours week for 1 year fixed term contract
- Contracted hours of work are liable to change between the hours of 8.00am – 5.00pm.
- Annual Leave allowance is 27 days / pro-rata.
- The person appointed must not give less than one month’s notice, in writing, of intention to resign.
- Based in Chronic Cardiovascular Disease Management Unit/Heart Failure Unit, St Michael’s Hospital Dun, Laoghaire (but may change with appropriate notice as the requirements of the role change.)
- A level of proficiency in the English language is a requirement of all roles within The Heartbeat Trust. Proficiency in spoken English is assessed during the interview process.
- Candidate must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the post and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service for this Fixed Term contract.
A competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the chosen candidate will be offered.
For more information, email Colette Forde, Office Manager: Colette@heartbeat-trust.org
POSITION: Clinical Research Nurse (FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
Position Summary: This position will involve working with a team of clinical research nurses, doctors and pharmacists in the STOP-HF Unit and Heart Failure Unit of St. Michael’s Hospital, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin. Research projects include investigator led, academic and industry sponsored studies in the cardiology therapeutic area.
Employer: The Heartbeat Trust, 3 Crofton Terrace, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.
Salary: Commensurate with the individual’s experience and qualifications
Responsibilities will include:
- Work within the standard operating procedures and research protocols in accordance with GCP
- Drive on-going clinical research projects through participant recruitment and follow-up, identifying problems early and regular feedback with Principal Investigator and research team
- Ensure all assigned studies are completed to the highest standards in accordance with ICH-GCP, HPRA/EU Directive requirements
- The full time position will also include clinical management of patients in the heart failure unit (outside of the clinical trial setting).
Closing date for application: 11 August 2017
Applications, CV and enquiries to: email@example.com