Thank you for your interest in working with The Heartbeat Trust. Please see below for further deatils.
We are currently recruiting for:
Clinical Research Nurse (Cardiology)
(Full-time, part-time and job-sharing arrangements will be considered; Fixed term contract)
Position Summary: We are seeking to recruit a cardiology nurse as part of our Clinical
Research Unit in St. Michael’s Hospital, Dun Laoghaire. This position will involve clinical care of patients across the spectrum of heart failure as part of a multidisciplinary team and will also focus on research and health services delivery. The candidate should be able to work as part of a team, demonstrate good organisation/planning skills and excellent written, verbal communication skills. Research projects include investigator led, academic and industry sponsored studies in the cardiology therapeutic area.
Responsibilities will include:
– Work within the standard operating procedures and research protocols in accordance with GCP
– Drive on-going clinical research projects through participant recruitment and follow-up, identifying problems early and regular feedback with Principal Investigator and research team
– Ensure all assigned studies are completed to the highest standards in accordance with ICH-GCP, HPRA/EU Directive requirements
– Clinical management of patients in the heart failure unit (outside of the clinical trial setting).
– Registered with The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
– Minimum of one year post registration experience in the cardiology therapeutic area
– Proven clinical skills such as venepuncture, IV, life support training
– Excellent oral and written communication skills – responsibility for data integrity and management
– Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
– Ability to work independently, self-directed but also work well within a multidisciplinary team under supervision and direction
– Interpersonal skills required to integrate as part of a diverse research team and ability to relate to a broad spectrum of research participants
– Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, email etc.
– Experience in clinical trials of medicinal products
– Certificate in Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP)
Employer: The Heartbeat Trust, 3 Crofton Terrace, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.
Location: The STOP-HF Unit and Heart Failure Unit, St. Michael’s Hospital (part of the SVUH
Healthcare Group), Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin.
Work hours: 39 hours per week, between 08.00 and 18.00, Monday to Friday. Part-time and job sharing arrangements will be considered.
Salary: Commensurate with the individual’s experience and qualifications
Closing date for application: 23 March 2018
Applications, CV and enquiries to: email@example.com