How can I manage my heart failure symptoms?
There is a lot you can do to manage your symptoms. It is a good idea to track your symptoms to see if anything has changed.
- Each day, ask yourself the following questions:
- Has my weight gone up by 2kg (4lbs) over two days? (Remember to weigh yourself each morning when you get up.)
- Did I use any extra pillows or have any breathing difficulties last night?
- When I put on my socks and shoes this morning, were my ankles swollen?
- Am I looking forward to breakfast? Am I hungry?
- When I did my usual daily activities, was I more breathless than usual?
- Do I feel dizzy or have palpitations (palpitations is a feeling that your heart is beating too hard or is ‘fluttering’)? If yes, is it worse than normal?